Forest Department Bajaur
DFO Bajaur Office Civil Colony Khar
RFO Khar Office Civil Colony Khar
RFO Nawagai Office at Civil Colony Nawagai
1.4.1 Basic Facility details
Offices = 03 Nos (DFO, RFO Khar and RFO Nawagai)
Residence = 03 Nos (DFO, RFO Khar and RFO Nawagai)
Bajaur Forest Division established in 2006-07
1.5. Natural Resources
As per Land Cover Atlas of Pakistan2012, the detail of green Natural resources of Bajaur Forest Division/District are as under:-
- Sub tropical Chir Pine 5001 Hectares
- Sub-Tropial Broad leaved 3643 Hectares
- Plantation 1544 Hectares
- Shrubs and bushes 14537 Hectares
- Range Land 55355 Hectares
- Agricultural Land 45037 Hectares
- Barren Land 7362 Hectares
- Settlements 432 Hectares
- Water bodies 4495 Hectares
1.8 Departments (District Department)
Organogram of Bajaur Forest Division attached
Protection, conservation and promotion of natural forests and Range/ Barren lands to get maximum tangible and intangible benefits.
1. To rehabilitate the degraded Forest and barren hillocks and to improve their productive, protective, regulative, socio-economic, socio-cultural and
2. To increase Forest cover and to improve the biodiversity of watersheds in
Bajaur Tribal District.
3. To provide fire wood, timber and fodder to the locals at their door step to
reduce pressure on natural forests.
4. To positively affect the environment factors like Temperature, precipitation,
rainfall, air movement, humidity, snowfall and to reduce the effects of climate
5. To enhance life span of small dam/delay action dams being constructed at the
mouth of watersheds.
6. To enhance the scenic beauty of Bajaur District for recreational purposes.
7. To support Redd+ implementation modalities, strategy and action plan.
8. To contribute in achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
1.7 Services and Facilities
Bajaur District has vast potential for tourism. There are number of sites bearing scope for torursim. These places are:-
1- The Gabar Spring. This is situated about 4-5 km from Pashat Bazzar. It is famous spring and people from all parts of the district bajaur as well as from the adjacent districts comes for entertainment and enjoyment of cold and sweet water of the spring during summer. Besides the cold weather around the scene of the area is also very charming and beautiful. If picnic spots are developed here, then it will be beneficial for the Government as well as local of the area.
2- Seri Sar. Seri Sar is situated the watershed of Arang and Barang Valleys. It is very charmaing and attractive sites. In summer tourists from all parts of the district and adjacent areas comes and enjoy the cold weather. In winter people come to enjoy snowfall. Here a rest house has been constructed by the administration. Other picnic spots needed to be constructed.
3- Ghakhi Pass. Ghakhi Pass is situated near the boundary to neighbor country Afghanistan. It was a route for the local people of Mamund and other parts of the District to Afghanistan for trade and other purpose. People from all parts of the District and from nearby district visits Ghakhi pass for enjoyment and entertainment. Unfortunately due to insurgency and terrorism in the area, the people are now reluctant to visit the Ghaki Pass.
4- Kohimore. It is one of the landmark high mountain place in Bajaur District and is visible from Torghundai to Nawagai. Kohimore mountain is concerned with natural forests perennial springs and picturesque landscape. Local people are using the site for picnic etc.